Attendance atHighfield J&I
At Highfield Junior and Infant School, we believe that regular school attendance is key for our children to achieve their potential. Pupils with good attendance records benefit from:
• maximising educational opportunities
• developing good habits for secondary school and adult life
• making and maintaining friendships
We encourage and reward our good attenders in our assemblies on a whole class basis.
Our target attendance is 96%
Here is how you can help your children and our school achieve this!:
• Be on time- school doors open at 8.40am and are closed promptly at 8.55am. If your child arrives after 8.55am they must enter school via the school office.
• Please ensure that non-urgent appointments (e.g. routine dental/ medical) are made out of school times where possible. If this is unavoidable- please provide copies of appointment letters/ cards.
• Do not book holidays in term time, in line with the Government ruling, these will not be authorised and penalty notices and fines will be issued where appropriate.
• Inform the school of absences, providing valid reasons- this must be done each day as early as possible. Please call the school office on 0121 647 1708
The school day starts at 8:40am and finishes at 3:15pm. It is important for children to arrive and be collected promptly. If you are persistently late to pick up your child, this will result in a meeting with SLT to resolve the issue.
Click the button to view our Attendance and Punctuality policy.