Dear Parents and Carers,
I previously wrote to you on 22nd May with regard to the date a decision on opening schools to more pupils would be made. This morning, the trust board of the Prince Albert Community Trust met to make this decision. As I am sure you can appreciate, there are many things to consider when trying to decide what is best for our children, staff and parents in this situation. In all my years of leading schools, this is by far the most difficult situation my team and I have faced and making the right decisions for our school community has been exceptionally challenging.
Our number one priority, has been and will remain, the safety of our pupils and staff. As a trust board, we have decided to open our schools to year 1 pupils on Monday 15th June. On Monday and Tuesday of that week, we will review all risk assessments and if it is safe to do so, we will open for year 6 pupils from Thursday 18th June. Again, we will review all risk assessments and if it is safe to do so, we will open for reception pupils on Tuesday 23rd June. We will also assess the situation carefully before deciding to open for other year groups. The decision on opening for further year groups will be made during the week beginning 22nd June.
You will receive a more detailed letter about the specific arrangements for your child’s school from your head of school by the end of this week. If you have any further questions once you receive the letter from the head, please use the ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ email address for the school to get in touch.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the PACT trust board for their support and guidance during this difficult time. These are testing and unprecedented times and I would like to assure you that when all of our children are back at school, we will make sure that they catch up on the learning they have missed.
During this period of school closure, we are pleased to be able to continue to offer eligible parents and pupils access to free school meals by supplying supermarket eGift cards, that can be spent locally to you.
During the week commencing 1st June, eligible pupils will be issued with a £45 eCode, the equivalent of £15 per week, £3 per meal, for three weeks. Your £45 eGift card can be used in multiple transactions and on multiple visits, until you have spent the full value of the eGift card. eCodes can be redeemed online for an eGift card for the supermarket of your choice by visiting freeschoolmeals.co.uk.
If you do not receive an eCode you are expecting (and you are certain that your child is eligible for free school meals) please check your SPAM/Junk email folders for an email from Edenred before contacting us.
If you have successfully redeemed an eCode, but have queries about your eGift Card (for example, you haven’t received it within 24 hours of ordering it at freeschoolmeals.co.uk) then please contact Edenred by email at email@example.com and Edenred can look into this for you.
If you need to check your child’s eligibility for free school meals, or claim for more than one child, please do so by going on to the following website: cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/birmingham. If your application is successful, school will not be able to provide an eCode until we receive notification of your successful application. We are unable to provide any back-dated eCodes.
Further vouchers will be issued for the week commencing 22nd June, depending on any decisions regarding school re-opening and those year groups in attendance. We will of course update you further via our website.
Thank you for your continued support at this challenging time.
Update: Late last week during May half term, the DfE announced that they would now be funding FSM vouchers for the May half term week. We are therefore pleased to confirm that we have ordered you an additional £15 eCode which you should receive later this week/early next week.
Dear Parents and Carers,
I last wrote to you on 19th May about the possible timetable for the opening of our schools. Following a meeting of the PACT trust board this afternoon, the board have decided to delay that decision until 3rd June. The board are keen for our schools to open as soon as it is safe to do so and will decide on an opening date for year 1 pupils in the first instance. The trust board are in agreement with plans to stagger opening for different year groups as previously communicated. I will therefore update you further on 3rd June.
Key worker and vulnerable children will be able to continue to come in to school as before during the week beginning 1st June.
I would like to take this opportunity wish all of our families who are celebrating, Eid Mubarak!